How to develop a Top-notch Swiggy, Zomato & Talabat Clone App
Ever since the advent of the pandemic in the beginning of 2020, people in India and around the world have preferred to stay at home and order essential goods and food online. Therefore, Food Ordering Apps like Swiggy have become the apple of the netizens’ eyes in India and around the world as they offer quite a lot of conveniences to customers and are very efficient. They also have attractive offers and loyalty programs that make good quality restaurant food affordable to the masses.
Here’s why Swiggy Clone Apps have a big appeal on people
People, especially millennials and netizens, love food delivery apps for the conveniences they provide and for a lot of other reasons which are listed below:
Fast and accurate food delivery
People can see the availability of their favorite food items on food ordering apps and get their favorite food items delivered to their doorsteps in a few minutes. They don’t have to face the hassle of traveling to a restaurant and waiting in a long queue outside it to dine. This convenience is especially needed in today’s fast-paced world.
A wide range of payment options
Food ordering apps have a wide array of payment options built into them like Cash on Delivery (CoD), Net Banking payment, payment via debit or credit cards, payment via UPIs, etcetera. This way, customers can pay for their orders as per their convenience. They don’t have to worry about running out of cash or not having the exact change, etcetera. People don’t like carrying a lot of cash with them as there is a danger of theft and fraudity/counterfeiting.
Attractive offers and loyalty programs
Every food delivery app these days has attractive discounts and loyalty programs. Everyone loves to earn and save money. Therefore, giving attractive discounts and loyalty programs is an effective way to attract new customers and retain existing ones. The offers and loyalty programs offered on a food delivery app can also be promoted on various social media platforms to gain eyeballs, traction, and ultimately conversions.
Real-time status updates
Food delivery organizations have been able to implement the KCI policy via the real-time status updates given on their food ordering apps. Food delivery apps like Zomato constantly update their customers on their order status via notifications on the app. Customers can see various order status updates like ‘Order has been received’, ‘The restaurant is preparing the food’, ‘The Delivery Executive has picked up the order’, ‘The Delivery Executive is on his way (route map also updated on a real-time basis) to deliver your order’, ‘The order has been delivered’, etcetera on the restaurant food delivery app. This feature relieves the anxiety for most customers.
24/7 customer support
In case problems arise in the course of preparing and delivering the food, food delivery apps like Zomato have a 24/7 customer support feature built into them. This feature enables customers to chat with customer support agents in case any problems arise during the course of the execution of the order and get them resolved. This feature ensures 100% customer satisfaction and safeguards the integrity of the food aggregator business. If you plan to create a food delivery app like Swiggy to cash in on the enormous growth potential of the food delivery industry in India, please get in touch with us to discuss your business plans. We will provide you with the most cost-effective and best-in-class solutions.
The Efficient Business Model of Food Delivery Apps like Zomato/Swiggy
A food aggregator company’s business model has two main types of business partners namely restaurant partners and delivery partners. They coordinate with each other under certain circumstances and ensure that the food delivery company’s business operations run smoothly. Let’s now have a look in detail at their functioning.
Restaurant Partner model
Certain restaurants have partnered with food aggregator firms like Swiggy to heighten their reach, business volume and profits. By encashing on food aggregator firms’ user base and brand loyalty, partner restaurants can serve more customers without facing the drawbacks of their limited seating capacity and popularity. If any restaurant is offering any trendy or unique dishes, customers get to know about it via the food aggregator app and order those dishes online. Thus the restaurant partner model benefits both customers and partner restaurants.
Delivery Partner model
Here, the food delivery company’s delivery executives deliver customers’ orders to them. They earn a commission on every successful delivery. Delivery executives help food aggregator companies make revenue by delivering their customers’ orders. Thereby enabling the food aggregator companies to get commissions on the profits made by the concerned restaurants. The delivery partner model also helps the company’s delivery executives earn a commission on every successful delivery. Thus, it’s a win-win situation for both parties. If you plan to build a Food delivery app like Zomato to make a fortune in the food delivery industry in India, please contact us. We will make your dreams come true.
The Must have features of Talabat Clone Apps
A Talabat clone food delivery app is expected to have the below-mentioned advanced features and at least three variants of the app. They are:
The customer version of a food delivery app should have features like:
- Nearby restaurant status: This feature shows all the restaurants in the customer’s vicinity. Not only that, the status of restaurants like open or closed and the availability of all the food items in the restaurants are also shown. This feature ensures that customers get the food items that they want from which restaurant they want it.
- Restaurants’ menu cards and rate cards: This feature shows all the food items available in nearby restaurants and their respective prices. This way, customers can order within their budget and not overspend. All food delivery apps also have attractive offers and loyalty programs these days.
- Live order tracking: This is the most advanced feature that food delivery apps have. This feature gives the live status of customers’ orders like ‘Order accepted’, ‘Food is being prepared’, ‘Delivery Executive has picked up the order’, ‘Delivery Executive is enroute to deliver the order’, ‘Food has been delivered’, etcetera. This feature eliminates the anxiety of customers and keeps them informed.
- Plenty of secure online payment options: Food ordering apps like Swiggy offer customers a plethora of payment options like Cash on Delivery (CoD), online payment via netbanking, UPI payments, etcetera. This feature ensures that customers don’t have to carry hard cash with them and don’t have to ensure the availability of change with them.
Delivery Executive app
This version of a food delivery app is meant for Delivery Executives who deliver customers’ orders. Again, it has features that benefit them. Let’s have a look at them now.
- Flexible login hours: Since the food aggregator firm doesn’t pay the Delivery Executive a fixed salary, he can login to the Delivery Executive app and log out of it whenever he wants once a day.
- Detailed profile for emergencies: Since the Delivery Executive is made to upload his complete details (including bio details and address) on the company’s database, which are displayed on the delivery app, they can come in handy when something unfortunate happens to the Delivery Executive like him meeting with an accident. His blood group can be traced and blood can be donated to him on short notice or his family can be compensated in the event of his death, etcetera.
- The facility to call customers: In case the Delivery Executive faces any ambiguity while delivering customers’ orders like the inability to find the customer’s address or certain food items not available, etcetera, he can call the customer for clarifications or to inform the customer of the order status. This facility ensures the proper execution of the customers’ orders and 100% customer satisfaction and retention.
- GPS Navigation: This the most important feature in the Delivery Executive version of a food delivery app. It enables Delivery Executives to accurately navigate to the customer’s location and deliver his or her order. This feature preserves the integrity of a food aggregator business. Notifications: Notifications inform Delivery Executives when he receives a customer’s order. They also enable him to keep track of his earnings and dues to the company and help him to clear his dues.
This app version is the most feature-rich among all. It enables food aggregator business owners to manage their business operations seamlessly and swiftly.
- Manage business information: This feature enables food delivery business owners to manage various aspects of their business operations like customers’ orders and complaints handling, assigning delivery executives to deliver customer’s orders, coordinating with restaurants to ensure timely food preparation and dispatch, raising new offers, etcetera.
- Order and complaint alerts: This feature enables food aggregator business owners to flawlessly and quickly manage their customers’ orders and complaints, their workforce, and other resources. This feature preserves the integrity of the food delivery business and ensures the maximum customer satisfaction and retention.
- Push notifications: Via this feature, food delivery firms can wish their customers on their red-letter days like their birthdays, anniversaries, etcetera. They can also use this feature to inform customers of their ongoing offers, loyalty programs, and special cuisines or dishes (like the Bahubali Thali) that certain restaurants might offer. This feature wins the goodwill of customers. If you want to develop top-notch food ordering apps like Swiggy, please get in touch with us and we can build a roadmap for your business plans.
Swiggy/Zomato/Talabat clone apps are usually designed in such a way that they can function on various mobile operating systems with minimal alterations to their code. To design cross-platform apps, one has to make use of mobile app development platforms like Android Studio, React Native, Xamarin, or Flutter.
Each of these platforms have their pros and cons and you must choose the one that most suits your project needs and budget. For Example : If you want Apple phone users also to access your application then React Native is the best platform to upload in apple play store, Likewise for Android mobile users we can use all platforms mentioned above
If you want to create readymade food ordering apps but need guidance on the issue, please contact us and we will take it from there. We have successfully built many popular apps for our clients across various industries. So, you can be sure that you will get what you want and that we won’t let you down.
Solid proof of customers’ tilt towards Zomato Clone Restaurant Food Delivery Apps
The food delivery industry in India was valued at only USD 16.5 million in 2015. The industry was valued at a whopping USD 4.35 billion by the end of 2021. It is expected to grow to USD 12.7 billion by the end of 2025. A lot of factors have driven this phenomenal growth. A recent survey conducted in 2020 has revealed the following statistical data:
Make your dreams come true
The food delivery industry in India is here to stay. It will only grow and not shrink in the future due to the conveniences it offers. Therefore, entrepreneurs in the food delivery industry should cash in on this opportunity and make the maximum revenue and profits by developing food ordering apps like Swiggy. If you want to undertake Swiggy Clone app development please get in touch with us and we will coordinate with you every step of the way to ensure that you get the most suitable app for your business needs.