How Digital Marketing can sky-rocket your Ecommerce Business
Every organization, big or small, yearns for a digital presence these days. The reasons for it are numerous.
Prominent among them are the advent of the pandemic and how it has affected the normal functioning of businesses, the enormous reach, popularity, and influence of the internet, and the ease with which businesses can promote their products or services online.
It is the same scenario with the ecommerce industry. Since the advent of the pandemic, people have become ever more health conscious. They are averse to going to crowded outlets to purchase any kind of item.
They would rather have whatever they need, delivered to their doorsteps in a contactless manner. This practice or preference of people has given a boost to ecommerce businesses and has also helped curtail the spread of the infection.
Table of Contents
How to Utilize the Opportunity in these difficult times
When the pandemic began spreading around the world in 2020, a lot of business outlets and retail stores were closed due to the lockdown imposed in various nations and states.
This situation caused ecommerce companies to experience a huge uptick in their business volume and profits as people had become averse to going to crowded retail outlets and other popular business forums (like movie theaters, auditoriums, etc.) to buy what they want as the risk of incurring the infection was very high.
Even after the initial lockdowns were lifted, the Coronavirus had persisted in India and elsewhere in the world by means of the second and third waves. Due to these waves, people still are averse to going to crowded marketplaces to buy the stuff they need as the chances of incurring an infection is still high. Moreover, people have discovered and relish the convenience of e-commerce apps. So, the heydays of e-commerce apps have not ended and are here to stay for the foreseeable future.
The E-commerce giant, Amazon’s business volume in India had grown by 39% year-on-year (YoY) since 2019 and that is saying something as Amazon’s business volume in India is truly humongous (INR 11,400 crores) and for it to grow by 39% year-on-year is almost miraculous.
Amazon’s augmented success story in India since 2019 is a beacon of hope to other ecommerce organizations. It implies that if other e-commerce firms truly ampup their efforts and promote their brand and services online, it will lead to heightened conversion rates and thereby, more business volume and profits. Even converting people into your e-commerce firm’s evangelists is not a far-fetched idea these days.
Where does an Ecommerce Digital Marketing Agency come into the picture?
Before the dawn of the 21st century, the only way companies could promote their products or services was via traditional forms of advertising like newspaper ads, billboard ads, sign board displays, advertisement on radio channels, TV (analog) ads, and ofcourse word-of-mouth. These forms of advertisement were very costly, limited in their reach and effectiveness, and not quantifiable in their success/results.
The whole situation has changed with the global growth and reach of the internet, growth of search engines of various types (like text and picture-based Google and video-based YouTube, etcetera), the growth of various social media platforms, and the development of various digital marketing and business analytics tools.
Businesses can now easily identify their target audience, make their ad campaigns more effective by directing them only towards their target audience, and employ various advanced business analytics tools to measure and streamline the effectiveness of their ad campaigns.
Let’s now have a detailed overview of how ecommerce digital marketing services can boost the reach, conversion rates, popularity, influence, business volume, and profits of e-commerce firms.
Leveraging the reach and effectiveness of the internet
With today’s technology, businesses can leverage the reach (billions of people online) and influence of the internet and promote their products or services with just the click of a mouse button.
This convenience was not present before the dawn of the 21st century. Organizations had to resort to strenuous, costly, and weakly effective forms of traditional advertising to make themselves known to people and other businesses in their respective industries.
Devising effective advertising campaigns
Almost every social media platform has an ad campaign manager feature these days and they are really versatile too. For example: Facebook’s ad campaign manager has the A/B testing feature that enables you to test two variations of your digital ad simultaneously. You even get to control which geographical areas your digital advertisement will be visible on along with many other useful controls.
A plethora of business analytics tools such as Google Analytics, Facebook’s ad campaign manager, etcetera enable business owners to measure and optimize the performance of their social media ad campaigns as well as the performance of their organization’s official website like the number of hits it has received, its ad revenue, etcetera.
Influencing the purchase decisions of your customers
By employing various domains of digital marketing like email marketing, designing and using appealing infographics, Social Media Marketing (SMM), maintaining appealing Facebook business pages, etcetera, you can influence the buying decision of your customers in your favor. These domains of digital marketing will help you enhance your conversion rates and thereby your brand’s popularity, business volume, and profits.
Getting the maximum ROI in the minimal time period
Social media ad campaigns are cost-effective but the most effective. They enable you to effectively promote your products or services among your target audience instantly and easily.
Social media ad campaign managers are so feature-rich yet simple to use that you can get the best results out of them with the minimal effort on your part. They will surely give you the maximum ROI in the minimal time period.
If you’re not even willing to spend a penny to promote your products or services, you can even promote your brand free of charge on the relevant groups in social media platforms. This is unlike traditional forms of advertising (as mentioned before) which are costly, labor-heavy, weakly effective, not quantifiable, and where there is cut-throat competition. So, kindly employ the above-mentioned ecommerce digital marketing strategy wisely to take your e-commerce business to the next level.
The indispensable and top-notch Ecommerce Digital Marketing Services we provide
G Tech Solutions is considered India’s go-to ecommerce digital marketing company because of the outstanding ecommerce digital marketing services it offers to its clients.
We have knowledgeable and seasoned digital marketers with proven experience in digital marketing services. They have a spotless track record and have always given our clients the maximum ROI. The types of ecommerce digital marketing services we provide to our clients are:
Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is a set of practices used to produce easily understandable and intriguing content (of any form) in a web page and to make it rank organically on Google’s search results. Getting your web pages and website SEO optimized will give them global visibility on Google and will bring you high quantity and quality of website traffic.
Search Engine Marketing (SEM)
Search Engine Marketing (SEM) involves a set of tools, techniques, and strategies to make your website rank on the first page of Google’s search results. It mainly involves getting high quality backlinks to your web pages and website to raise their DA and PAs so that your website ranks on the first page of Google’s search results and gains a global online visibility.
You can also create a paid advertisement campaign on Google Ads and list your website on the top portion of the first page of Google’s search results. Google Ads operates under a pay-per-click (PPC) model.
This means that you determine the keywords that you want your e-commerce website to rank for and pay for those keywords, everytime they get you a click via them. You set the maximum amount that you’re willing to pay for a click.
If the amount determined by Google for a click on the chosen keyword is less than or equal to your maximum amount, your e-commerce website will rank for that keyword.
If the amount determined by Google for a click on the chosen keyword is greater than your maximum amount, you can’t afford to pay for that click and your e-commerce website will not rank for that keyword.
Social Media Marketing (SMM)
Social Media Marketing (SMM) means to promote your brand, your products, or your services on various social media platforms to elevate your brand awareness, conversion rates, business volume, and ultimately, your profits.
Your brand, products, or services can be promoted on relevant groups free of charge or you can run paid advertising campaigns on various social media platforms like Facebook to promote your brand, products, or services.
As far as Facebook is concerned, it has many types of ads that you can run like image ads, carousel ads, video ads, slideshow ads, etcetera. Whatever the ad type or platform you’re running it on, you need to determine which of these three is the goal of your ad campaign, before launching it.
Brand awareness: Here, you’re trying to promote your brand and its products or services on relevant social media platforms to grab the attention of people and create an awareness about your brand. Once you have set the filters on your ad campaign, your brand will be promoted in your desired geographical area and among the appropriate target audience as determined by Facebook, considering various factors.
Lead generation and conversion: Among your target audience, you would have identified people who are somewhat interested in purchasing your products or subscribing for your service/s. They are known as leads. You gather leads’ details either by manual or automated means and follow up with them, mostly via calls or emails. Some leads might convert and buy your products or subscribe for your services. Others might opt out halfway.
Expanding your brand evangelist network: Evangelists are people who have already experienced your products or services and they loved it. These are people who vouch for your brand at their own discretion/free will. They are not paid to do so. You can give your brand evangelists some goodies or other incentives to further spread the word of your brand or to convert your existing customers into brand evangelists. Evangelists give all types of benefits to your brand in the long run.
App Store Optimization (ASO)
Since e-commerce apps have become very popular, it is important to employ App Store Optimization (ASO) techniques on your e-commerce app to make it rank on app stores like Play Store or The App Store.
Apart from the techniques employed, your app’s content and functionalities should also be designed in such a way that they are easily discoverable by the algorithms of various app stores.
If you plan on developing your own e-commerce app or want to promote your existing e-commerce app, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us. We will employ the most appropriate and effective ecommerce digital marketing strategy so that you get the best possible product or results.
Enthralling questions on Digital Marketing
1. What kind of roles does Digital Marketing usually involve?
- Digital Marketing is a vast domain. It employs a lot of roles but the most common ones are that of:
- Project Manager: This person will be in charge of getting your project completed successfully. He will carefully make a note of all of your project requirements and business goals. He will coordinate with you on behalf of his Digital Marketing team every step of the way to ensure that your project requirements are perfectly met.
- Accounts Manager: This person will ensure that your budget is utilized in the most effective manner that will enable you to get the maximum ROI. The accounts manager will carefully monitor all the paid advertising campaigns that are run on various social media platforms for you.
- UI/UX designer: This person will ensure that your app, in this case an e-commerce app, has an attractive, engaging, yet simple UI so that your customers can navigate through your app easily and find what they’re looking for. This person indirectly ensures that you get the maximum user retention.
- App developer: This person is the backbone of your e-commerce app development project. He will design a sophisticated yet simple to use e-commerce app, according to your specifications so that you can promote your e-commerce app with ease on various social media platforms.
Social Media Marketer: This is yet another important role. This person gives the finishing touches to your e-commerce app development project.
He ensures that your app/brand is promoted well on various social media platforms either via paid ad campaigns or via free group postings, depending on your specifications.
He will ensure that your e-commerce app gets the maximum possible downloads and usage once it’s listed on various app stores. You might say, he’s like the sales person for your app.
2. Is there any desirable frequency to promote my service or product on various social media platforms?
- This is a tricky question and it all depends on which social media platform you’re using to promote your product or service. Various social media platforms have various desirable promotional frequencies. They are:
- Facebook:The desirable promotional frequency for this “mother of all social media platforms” is once a day or at least thrice a week (every alternate day).
- Twitter: Twitter’s desirable promotional frequency ranges vastly between 3 to 30 tweets per day, depending on the type of product or service you’re trying to promote.
- Instagram: Instagram’s desirable promotional frequency is once or twice a day.
- LinkedIn: The desirable promotional frequency for LinkedIn is twice a week but definitely not more than once a day to maintain the professionalism of the platform.
3. What is inbound marketing?
- Inbound marketing means promoting high-quality and relevant content among your target audience that will answer their queries or provide the product or service they’re looking for. It is the stark opposite of spamming people with irrelevant and low-quality or objectionable content.
4. Is email marketing still relevant and effective?
- Ofcourse! Email is still a widely used professional medium of communication. Email marketing can be used to heighten your conversion rates and even convert a portion of your target audience into your brand evangelists.
Promotional emails should be highly personalized and convey your message in an appealing and polite manner. Only then will they be effective.
5. Is buying an email list advisable?
- No, absolutely not! Buying email lists is just another way of spamming random people with irrelevant advertisements or promotions!
You would be advised to organically grow your email subscribers by only appealing to your target audience and employing appropriate digital marketing techniques. Only personalized and relevant emails to people who really need your products or service will get you any conversions.
6. What’s the biggest mistake digital marketers make?
- They don’t focus on brand awareness campaigns enough. They try to sell their products or services on relevant social media groups right away, which leads to little success.
They are also not persistent enough in their email campaigns for conversions. They do not put in enough effort to take a person all through the conversion funnel.
7. Which form of content is better? Short form or long form?
- Short form of content, which will mostly be promotional content, is more apt for social media platforms where people don’t have time to go through lengthy posts. Long form of content is more appropriate for blog posts because in Google’s view, the more you write on a particular topic, the more expertised it thinks you are.
8. What encourages people to read further on blog posts or social media posts?
- Intriguing headings and subheadings make people curious enough to read further. The reputation of your brand or website also plays a significant role as people expect good content and will generally be inclined to read the content on reputed websites in various industries.
One thing is for sure, your subscribers will surely read the content on your website. So, put your best foot forward to get more people to subscribe for your website or services.